Tuesday, July 22, 2014

11. Nevermind


Safehouse 721, Yadreni House
Poka, Lypton, Psveurtzke
(day count lost)
Identification: Subject 4A, Kali Yadreni. Author of this journal.

Having plants once more means having weeds once more, and let me just say: weeds love the nuclear winter.


Identification: Subject 3B, Iggy Yadreni, right.

Kali: So, now that we can eat whenever, and I'm done with work and all...
Iggy: Wanna try?

Iggy was always eager to help create the next generation.


Well, oh, the weeds. The weeds attracted wolves to our tower constantly, so there was always some kind of commotion outside.



Identification: Subject 1C, Gideon, dog.

Gideon was a good dog, though. And he enjoyed the treats we could now get him.

Iggy: Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?
Gideon: (Me, it is me! It's me! ME!)




Thank goodness I did end up restoring food supplies, since there's a new baby on the way.
I figure with three children, maybe at least two careers will be topped in the next generation. Or maybe just one, like the last two.


Iggy: Birthday!


Identification: Subject 5A, Eleanor Yadreni.
GPCS: 10-2-3-10-9


Identification: Subject 6A, Esther Yadreni.
GPCS: 5-7-3-10-6


And just like that, it was time for another birthday...

Kali: WHYYYYYY?


Kali: Hello, nooboo!

It's another girl, and this one is called Alyssa!


And she's apparently the last one, since I have myself the very first birthday cake in our family...
And it won't be a transition into senility, thanks to our little wolf.

Gideon: (Hooray, human! You're welcome for the controls you're going to have!)




Well, I'm a total grandma, but at least I'm a super cute one.


Iggy, meanwhile, retains his youth.
As is constantly clear.

Having a career that seems more like a real-life adventure book has helped see to that.


Well, the inevitable space where I write about our ghost problem I guess is here.
I'm especially thankful that I don't have to live in the elder cell (which never actually worked, since only 1 of 5 graves have actually made it in there) because of Gideon. My mother, in addition to being a hotter grandma than me (which makes me mad already), loves to haunt the room.


She likes it very much.

Kali: Whoa, ho, hoa! Hi mom! Okay, have to take care of YOUR grandchild now! Thanks!


She probably got into haunting after finally reuniting with my father, who loves to haunt almost as much as his father, before Kai destroyed his grave.


Well, no one has died from it (recently), so life goes on.


Identification: Subject 7A, Alyssa Yadreni, left.
GPCS: 5-5-9-8-1


Alyssa had only one nice point, but you could never tell by the way she treated the dog.

Gideon: (Ruff, I like this one!)


Speaking of the dog, Gideon has become an elder, like me. He's worked as hard as I have, so I just hope he can live out his days happily. I won't go senile thanks to him, and he won't die of starvation thanks to me.


Also thanks to me, though, are birthday cakes. Which makes twin birthdays a heck of a lot easier.



There's definitely some Yadreni and some Iggy in both of them. You wouldn't be able to tell they're twins, though, since the mixtures are so different.



Iggy: You know owned the hidden stash of "fireworks" I had to disarm today?
Eleanor: Who?
Iggy: The TICKLE MONSTER'S!! HEHEHEEH!


Having family meals was certainly another perk of lifting culinary. We have the most people in this tower since it was first built for my Grandpa, and we live just about the most comfortably.


Identification: Abel Barrows, second from the right.

Kali: Hello, sir! My husband needs local friends for work!
Abel: Oh, well fascinating! Who are those girls? Your daughters?
Kali: No, my gardeners. Get working!



Kali: CURSE YOU, PETER YADRENI! GIRLS!
Eleanor: Sorry, mother.
Esther: Working hard, mom..


Esther: It's the last one!
Eleanor: Look! Fresh snow! Let's taste it!
Esther: Tastes like... disease!


Esther: So, Ella... do you think we're all going to survive to help Pokalypton? I mean, most of our relatives died trying.


Eleanor: Well, uh, I don't know... We have to try...
Esther: Good! I'm gonna be heir!


Iggy: Hellooooo... who wants a kiss from daaaddyyyyy....


Alyssa: NO! NO NO NO NO NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...
Iggy: And to think I made this...
Alyssa:  ...NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.....



Well their grandfather made it clear; the girls aren't safe from the ghost menace. As long as they're okay, I suppose they should get used to being scared like this. If they think this is the end, then man do they have a storm coming.


Oh, this. Eh, I'm a romance sim. Sleeping with your grandfather's friends that you're still somehow older than: you know, it happens.


Iggy: As if I weren't mysterious enough! Just one more!


Iggy: And a few more friends... excuse me, sir...


Well, I'm a romance sim until family gets in the way.


Identification: Mordecai March, left.

Mordecai: WOO! Hey, she's Peter's great-granddaughter, isn't she?
Kali: WOOO!


Alyssa is sure a cutie. That one nice point is scary, though.


So, uh, major happening.

All the food I had restored to the region, ended up being completely gone.

Because I walked to work, I tracked radioactive materials and minor amounts of Sim flesh into the food source I was restoring... which authorities have just now realized.

So, someone has to lift the culinary track again.

So my life has been pointless, except to raise the next generation.

And something else, my mother did the same thing in her medical career. Thankfully, the government has said what wasn't contaminated will be fine for the town of Poka exclusively, but medical access will have to be restored to the rest of Lypton before the apocalypse is over.

Did I expect anything less, being a Yadreni?


Well, even if the whole situation sucks, I did make a good amount of simoleans writing about it.


And my life really isn't meaningless; I have beautiful daughters. Three of them, so hopefully there can be four restrictions lifted for their generation.


Iggy: Hey, uh, what's your name again... you called? Thanks for becoming my friend, but it isn't enough for me to get promoted... wait what, you're gonna use connections to make me a SPACE PIRATE? HEY, I LOVE APARTMENT LIFE!

ERROR DETECTED: FOURTH WALL BROKEN.
RESTORING FOURTH WALL...
SUCCESS


Iggy: Hey Kali, guess what-I, oh, no!
Kali: You knew it was coming, Iggy. With or without cake.


Iggy: HAH, I'm still cute!

Well, the charm of Iggy Jones has sure worn off in his old age. Cuteness abolished.
He's kind of nice-looking, though, in a sleazy 70-year-old man kind of way.


Petra: Two elders alive at once? My daughter has done well!


Esther: Excuse me-
Eleanor: Oh, excuse me-
Alyssa: GET OUT OF MY WAY-
Kali: Ugh. This house is too small, one of you lift political already. And law. And architecture.


Well, they won't be lifting anything anytime soon, but Iggy certainly has!
Iggy has restored power to special career objects! We've got so many lying around; we'll finally put them to good use. Most of them build fun, too, so my daughters can finally do something besides chess.
And now that Iggy is done maybe he can take advantage of our cowplant he restored to.
Or maybe not. He's kind of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment