Sunday, September 7, 2014

16. Insight


Safehouse 721, Yadreni Household
Poka, Lypton, Psveurtzke
Identification: Subject 7A, Alyssa Yadreni, author of this journal. Subject 8A, Agrona Yadreni, being held.
Agrona is a satisfactory small creature. I am proud to have her as my own, though whether she'll have the proper Nice point allotment remains to be seen.


Work is stressful.

We all know, from our minimal childhood education, of course, that Psvuertzke is divided into 17 depveurtments. Each depveurtment has its own army, each led by a regional General, which all work together under Great Psveurtzke's glorious banner, commanded by Agent 0003, the Military Commander, who rules with our President, Agent 0002.

That's the system that I'm a part of, at Intelligence Level 0, the highest clearance one can have.

Supposedly.


Because of information I learned on the space station, I have reason to believe my journals aren't private.
I have reason to believe a whole lot of other terrible things.

I think--although thinking is technically illegal, I'm an Intelligence Level 0, so it's probably safe for me-- that I'll just document my family's history from now on. My work will stay at work.


Agrona is a toddler now, and I couldn't be more proud of her GPCS results.

Identification: Subject 8A, Agrona Yadreni.
GPCS: 2-8-9-6-1


Funny thing I learned about teachers when I got upgraded to 0! They don't exist to teach, they exist only to socialize the young! Classic!

Of course, my poor, plain innocent sister Esther doesn't know I know her secret. Oh, that's right, she's an Intelligence Level 1, with special Propaganda Rights, and she was trying to hide that from everyone! HAH!

Wait- I'm not supposed to be writing here. Well, I am. But maybe there's just not a lot I want anyone to see.


Well, I guess it's obvious, whatever other Sub100's are in charge of reading this that are reading this, that you know that I know you can read this and are in charge of reading this, and are reading this. Because if you're reading this, it means that you're reading this right now, for real, and because I just said that, you know that I know that you're reading this.

I can't put it any more seriously. I know why my journals are collected, to document Project Reanimation. Hey, that's no big deal. Because that's all I'm here for, right? Nothing else going on with me.

Nope, nothing else.

Nothing. Not at all. No concern for a government at all. In fact, I'm a part of the government. Awesome. So no concern.

Soooo... here's my family, what you want to see.

Without anything else. Because there's nothing else to see of concern. At all.


\





Well, there we go! Big news for Operation Reanimation, food is restored to all of Lypton! No hiccups this time; there was no vague-yet-probably-relevant zombie menace to stop us this time. My baby will be growing up with a cake. That baby being...


Cronos Yadreni! What a cutie!

Identification: Subject 9A, Cronos Yadreni.


Anyway, Esther wasn't the only one to turn old, as I dramatically did not narrate earlier. Meredith turned elderly as well, but I love her still as if she was a puppy.

Really, if I'm quite honest, Meredith is the one little creature that makes me feel safe in this crazy world. I trust her with all of my being. The only reason I say that is because she is a dog, and has no way of collecting information about me, which I find comforting.

Ew, being honest is annoying. I need something to be sarcastic about! Life is so boring when you can't... er, joke... about performing a coup in your government...


Lypton Manor
Government Safehouse in Poka, Lypton, Psveurtzke


Identification: Agent 0001, anonymous Ultimate Ruler of Psveurtzke, left. Agent 0028, to assume role of Agent 0001 at their expiration, center. Agent 0029, communications master/anonymity upkeeper of Agents 0001/00028, right.

Agent 0001: This isn't looking good.
Agent 0029: Not at all. There's not much we can do, either. There's a vacancy in the role of Agent 0008, and it's looking right now like the only person eligible to replace him is the Yadreni spare.

Identification: Agent 0008, Education Master, Keeper of Government Journals. Unpictured; no current Agent in position.

Agent 0001: You mean to say there's no one else in the entire Education department of our government that's good enough to replace him?
Agent 0029: Unfortunately, no. A side effect of literally everyone in Psveurtzke having government-sponsored immortality except for the Yadreni family is that no one can ever change jobs except for them. That is, unless You-Know-Who creates someone to do it.
Agent 0001: Don't mention You-Know-Who. Ever. I'm the boss, here.
Agent 0028: This is so frustrating. It's almost like our entire country's extensive and sometimes faux bureaucracy exists and behaves solely to aid a poorly-constructed plot line that centers around this family in the apocalypse, so that You-Know-Who-- I mean, whatever force guides them, may have some reason to keep pushing them through, without just documenting their otherwise boring lives through the years.
Agent 0001: Don't worry too much. Every poorly constructed plot line has to have some sort of poorly constructed conflict, which means theoretically that we have some kind of advantage now.
Agent 0029: That's right. The bug was planted successfully, we should be gaining access now...


Agent 0028: Is that... a dog's eye view?
Agent 0029: That it is, babe. We have eyes and ears in the house now, even if our journal-keepers aren't so keen on keeping their journals for us.


Agent 0001: Great. We have elderly eyes and ears with a relatively tiny lifespan. You guys are an inspiration.
Agent 0029: Why, thank you, Agent 0001.
Agent 0001: Misinterpret my sarcasm one more time and you'll be put in a dungeon full of roaches, only to be checked on once every 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment